To configure the Mercusys MR30/50/70G/AC10 router, you must:
1. Connect to the router by cable or wi-fi.
To connect by cable, you need use the LAN port, and connect the provider's cable to the WAN port.
To connect by wi-fi - you need to find your network in the list of available wi-fi networks and connect to it. If the router is reset to factory settings, then you can find the name of the wi-fi network and the password on the sticker on the back side of the router.
2. Open a browser and enter the address 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and press the Enter button.
3. You need to enter a password to open the router settings. Enter admin1 as the password, and also enter admin1 in the Confirm Password line. Click the "Let's Get Started" button. If the error is an incorrect login or password, then recover the Admin1 password.
3. The web interface of the router will open. You can always change the language of settings.
4.Let's start setting up the router. Firstly, we need to choose the time zone.
5. In the "Connection type" section of the drop-down menu we select the "PPPoE / PPPoE Russia" section and click the 'Next' button.
6. In the field "User name" you need to enter your login from your personal account. In the password field you need to enter your password from your personal account. Then click the "next" button at the bottom of the page.
7. The next step is setting up wifi. There are several options for Wi-Fi.
To automatically switch the device between 2.4 and 5 GHz networks, you need to leave the "Smart Connect" mode enabled.
In the "Wireless Network Name" field, enter the name of your wireless network (you can create any name). In the "Password" field, you can enter the password that you want, it will be used to connect to the wireless wi-fi network.
If it is necessary to separate the 2.4 and 5 GHz networks, you need to disable the Smart Connect mode and leave the mark next to the "Set each band separately" section .
We recommend calling the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks by different names, or leave the “_5G” mark in the name of the 5GHz network. This is necessary if you want to separate the networks and understand what frequency you use to connect.
We also recommend using the same password for the 5 GHz network as for the 2.4 GHz network,to avoid confusion.
After configuring the Wi-Fi, click the 'Next' button and wait for the termination of the connection test.
If this window appears, you need to make sure that the login and password from the Personal Account are entered correctly in the PPPoE connection settings, check the Wan cable and click try again. Sometimes you may need to try again 3-4 times to connect the router to the Internet.
When the connection test is completed you will see the following information. Click the 'Finish' button.
You can configure the Wi-Fi network in more detail by choosing the section 'Wireless mode - Wireless settings'. (Fix the Wi-Fi channel manually, change the channel width, etc.)
8. Setting up remote access may be needed in different situations. Our technical support specialists ask users to set up remote access to make a full diagnostic, as well as to be able to remotely change router settings, manage connected devices, reboot the router remotely, etc.
To configure remote access you need to select Advanced settings - System - Administration.
In the "Administration" block you need to put the mark in the "Remote control" section.
After it you need to set the HTTPS port to 443, set the HTTP port to 80, in the "Remote administrators" field select "Specified device". In the "only this Ip'' field you need to specify ip - 10.77.43.43 and click the "Save" button.
Next, do everything as shown in the screenshot.
Setup is completed! Enjoy using our internet! :)
Why the device can't see the 5GHz network?
1. This is possible if your device does not support operation at this frequency. You can find out on the manufacturer's website or on catalog.onliner.by.
If it is a laptop or a computer, then you can solve this problem by purchasing an external Wi-Fi module. In the case if you use a phone (or tablet), unfortunately, this will only be solved by purchasing a new gadget that supports the “ac” standard.
2. This is also possible if your router automatically selects the channel on which your device cannot work (usually for xiaomi routers).
You need to reboot the router. If it does not help, try changing the data transmission channel manually.
And also follow the latest news in our Telegram channel.
If you have any questions - write to us or call 777 82 82 (any mobile operator).